Archiving non-peer-reviewed material

The archiving of peer-reviewed NIME conference material is well underway. There have been made a lot of minor updates to the bibliography files, and we are slowly adding also music and installation (help wanted!).

As for all types of non-peer-reviewed material, we have set up two Zenodo communities:

• Conference archive: for all sorts of conference-related material, including booklets, photos, videos, workshop information, etc.
  • Community archive: for anything that community members want to archive.

Feel free to add material to these communities, so that we together can build a solid archive of the history of the NIME conference and the larger community surrounding the conference!

2 Likes

Hi there,

This year marks the 20th anniversary of NIME03, the second NIME international conference, which took place in Montreal, Qc, Canada, from May 22 to 24, 2003.

I went through a lot of old stuff and found NIME03-related material, which I believe was never accessible online: the conference poster, flyers, call for papers and participation, concert notes, and special events program.

I have put them online at:

A zip file with most files has also been uploaded to the Zenodo NIME archive.

Videos of 2 of the three keynotes (Claude Cadoz and Michel Waisvisz) are available on YouTube (Claude Cadoz - Keynote NIME03 pt1 - YouTube and Michel Waisvisz Keynote - NIME03 (Part 1 of 6) - YouTube).

I also have videos of the concerts on May 23 and May 24, 2003, and a few talks. Iā€™d be happy to upload those as well if I get the go ahead from the respective researchers/performers.

Cheers,
Marcelo.

5 Likes

Thank you for the Michel Waisvisz Keynote !

Maybe we can put together a single video file from the six parts available.