ECO_NIME, a wiki for environmental issues in NIME

Hi all ~ In support of the NIME environmental statement, the NIME environmental officers (@adampultz, @Raul and I) have created ECO_NIME, a wiki of information and resources for environmental topics in NIME research. It is acessible at eco.nime.org, and as it grows we hope that it will be helpful to the community in prioritizing ecological sustainability in our collective practices, and as we prepare submissions for the 2021 conference.

The wiki is in its infancy and true to its format we invite anyone to contribute new entries, topics and additions to existing content. Furthermore, we welcome any comments and feedback on the initiative.

9 Likes

Great to hear, thank you so much for your efforts @johnnyvenom @adampultz and @Raul!

3 Likes

This is an important initiative, long overdue. Let’s hope this will increase interest in the topic. I wonder if other actions might help, for example a workshop to get people contributing to this wiki, or a workshop on sustainability in general. I wonder if a ‘Sustainability Award’ for contributions to the annual conference, whether artistic or academic, might also help to motivate more interest?

2 Likes

That’s a great suggestion, Michael!

3 Likes