Help wanted with improving the proceedings archive

We have been working on centralizing and standardizing the proceedings archive over several years now. However, new things pop up all the time, as can be seen in the number of open issues on GitHub.

If you want to help out, here are a few things where we could need assistance:

• We particularly need someone to add info about music and installations (only 2011 and 2019 are online). This would need some digging into old program web pages and booklets.

• While digging in old files, it would nice to also retrieve the ISBNs for all years that had that.

• And we always want help with spell-checking names, title, and whatever else that could be wrong in the archive (a lot of the information was scraped from PDFs, so there are mistakes in there).

2 Likes

Well, I think I can handle this significant work and if another volunteer, or others volunteers want to help out, I would suggest to divide the work by number of years, I mean, each one would hold about 3 or 4 years (if we are three) to research the old program web pages and booklets from 2001 until 2010.

2 Likes

That would be great! :clap: I have started digging in the old archives, and have also contacted previous chairs to see what they can dig out.

Anyone else that would like to join a small team to work on this?

1 Like