Some post-conference information

Thanks to this year’s organizers for a fantastic NIME 2022! It was a week packed with very inspiring contributions and lively discussions! For those that attended, please fill in the general evaluation form and hopefully also the additional diversity & inclusion survey. Your feedback is essential to improve future conferences.

As revealed in the closing ceremony, next year’s conference will be hosted in Mexico City. The teaser is out and the official call for contributions will come in the fall. We hope to be back with a physical conference, but there will also be a hybrid option for accessibility and environmental reasons.

I would like to remind everyone that NIME is a community, not an organization. It is the contribution of each one of you that makes the community thrive. Please join the discussions on the forum, help fix issues in the proceedings archive, join as a NIME officer, propose to host a future conference, or suggest something else that you would like to contribute with!

Finally, I would like to take the opportunity to thank off after 11 years as Chair of the Steering Committee. It has been amazing to contribute to this knowledgeable, creative, lively, and diverse community. Now I am handing it over to one of this year’s general chairs, Fabio Morreale, to lead the conference’s development in the years to come.

2 Likes

Thanks all at MEX for your work organizing the NIME2023 conference!! Here’s a quick update for those interested in the STEIM booklet I mentioned during the “Prehistoric NIME” talk last Saturday: NIME2023 – Prehistoric NIME – STEIM – IDMIL

1 Like